As a self described “Disney Mom,” I am always looking for ways to preserve my favorite Disney memories! How exciting it was to receive an invitation recently by HP and BSM Media, (a marketing firm that works with Disney and connects brands with moms like me,) to attend a “MyPrintly Mom Meet-Up” in New York City! This was my first Social Media event invitation ever and I was grateful for the opportunity! Eagerly I headed off to NYC to meet up with some of my Disney Parks Moms Panel hopeful friends and fellow mommy bloggers! I could not wait to dive into HP technology, and now, I get to share what I learned with you!
You may be asking yourself, what is MyPrintly? Well, MyPrintly from HP (Hewlett-Packard) is a place for DIY project inspiration! They want to inspire us to use HP technology in creative ways so they have a dedicated website: http://myprintly.com/, and you can find them on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and You Tube. You will find photos and videos with ideas and tips on creative photo projects, such as cards, crafts and more, plus information about the tools you need to complete them. And HP’s amazing technology makes it easy, which us busy moms love! But since I am also a “Disney Mom,” and I vow to bring you all my favorite Disney tips, I am going to focus on how MyPrintly can help you preserve your favorite Disney memories specifically, so let’s get started!
1. HP ePrint Mobile Printing App: If you are like me, you cannot wait to see your Disney photos until you get home, so you are editing them right from your phone during your vacation. How would you like to be able to print them before you get home as well? How can you do that? With the HP ePrint app you can print from virtually anywhere, printing to any HP ePrint printer or HP Public Print Location, including FedEx Office stores, UPS stores, Walgreens, hotels, airports, and more. How would I use this to preserve my memories? Well, as I am editing those photos from my phone during downtime at the hotel, on the Magical Express ride or at the airport, I could be printing them as well and have them already waiting for me when I get home! How awesome is that?
2. HP Social Media Snapshots App: Do you post pictures to Social Media during your Disney vacation? If so you will love having the option to print right from your favorite Social Media sites as well! By downloading this free app and using an HP web connected printer, you will be able to select your photos and print using a variety of frame templates and fonts to caption them. (Here were some of my favorites printed at the event! I did not print out as many as I should have, because this was my first Social Media event, and I was shy. That won’t happen again!)
3. Social Media Snapshots Sticky Backed Photo Sheets: Designed to use with the Snapshots App, the pictures above were printed on Social Media Snapshots Sticky-Backed Photo Sheets- so the entire back peels off and can be put right in your Disney scrapbook as soon as you get home! No cutting, no messy glue dots, and most importantly, no unfinished scrapbooks lying around months after your vacation! (How many unfinished Disney scrapbooks do you currently have started? My last count was 3. Thank you HP!)
4. HP Cards App: How would you like to create and customize your own greeting cards, holiday cards or invitations? Oh wait, you already do that? So do I, but now I don’t have to pay for shipping or order more than I need because I can print my own from home using the HP Cards App. This App works with any wireless printer, and by using HP photo paper or the HP Card and Invitation Kit, you can design and print your own cards and invitations too! In addition, you can also send them via email, or post them to Social Media, which makes this feature my favorite of all that I learned at the MyPrintly event! (This year I will be attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party for the first time, and I cannot wait to use this technology to make awesome Christmas cards upon my return! Using this App, I will also be able to post them right to my blog as well, so stay tuned!)
5. HP Instant Ink: Of all that I learned about HP technology, this got my “that’s so cool” award! Imagine you are leaving soon for Walt Disney World Resort and your to do list is a mile long. Your tween has a report due the next day and in all the hustle and bustle, he announces the printer is out of ink. It was the one thing on your to-do list that you forgot to do! Well, with HP Instant Ink, when your HP Instant Ink eligible printer was low on ink, it sent a message to HP and they would have already mailed your ink cartridge to you. Meaning, you would have had it in plenty of time before you “ran out!” (That means you would not have to leave for vacation frazzled and your tween would think you were super mom! Or at least, think you are not the worst mom in the world!) HP Instant Ink offers a few different programs depending on how much printing you do, and how much ink you typically use. There is no annual fee and each cartridge has enough ink to print more than 500 pages! HP even recycles your used cartridges for you. That is so cool!
So of all the cool technology I learned about at the event, those are the 5 ways I think MyPrintly can help you preserve your favorite Disney memories! In addition to these, there are tons of DIY projects on their website that I love. From creative party decorations, to photo display ideas, to count down calendars for your upcoming Disney vacation, you will be amazed at the creative ideas there are to explore!
In addition to utilizing the technology, the attendees of the MyPrintly Mom-Meet Up were treated to yummy treats, cupcake decorating, making this awesome photo frame, and this fun swag bag full of goodies! I would like to thank Maria Bailey and Natalie Zupo from http://www.bsmmedia.com/ and the creative team at HP, Amy, Alli and Amy, for inviting me to the MyPrintly Mom-Meet-Up NYC! I hope to see you all again real soon!